Portable Grid Operations - November 10-24, 2009

  • Jim, KS7S
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 8, 2009

      I will be making another trip to Cheyenne , WY beginning on Tuesday, November 10.  My intent is to travel north roughly up the AZ/NM and UT/CO borders into western WY, then east to Cheyenne .

      I will spend Tuesday night in Holbrook, AZ (DM44), Wednesday night in Montrose, CO (DM68) and Thursday night in Vernal, UT (DN50).  I will try and run some grids in these areas in the early mornings, and possibly in the evenings (time permitting).  Primary target grids at this point are DM44, DM58/68 and DN50/60/51/61 area.

      I will be in Cheyenne until roughly November 20.  I am not sure yet whether I will have time to be QRV from Cheyenne but I might try to get the 2M antenna up while there.

      My current plans include a possible return trip down the DN/DM “90’s column” from DN91 south to DM94 or so.

      OF COURSE, ALL THESE PLANS ARE SUBJECT TO THE VAGARIES OF THE WEATHER THIS TIME OF YEAR.

      My primary emphasis will be on 6M, but will have 2M along although I probably won’t put up the 2M antenna at every stop unless someone has an “urgent need” for a particular grid.

      Operation will be using my normal “easy erect” setup of 170W/3-el on 6M and 170W/9-el on 2M.

      I hope to have internet access at most sites so will try and be on PJ as much as possible – will certainly have e-mail in the evenings if you want to get in touch with me.

      Hope to catch all of you during the trip!

      73 Jim KS7S