Random Hour Report for 10-31-2009

  • David R. Hassall
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 4, 2009
      Message
      Random Hour Report for 10/31/2009
      I received 7 reports this week. I am now answering the receipt
      of each report. If you do not get a "thank you" email back,
      I didn't get your report for some Reason. So, please resend it.

      Ping Jockey scheduling page is:
      Backup page for Ping Jockey is:
      http://vhftalk.aa1yn.com/index.html

      Codes:
      WRK - Worked station
      CNR - Called but not worked
      HRD - Heard
      (R) = Random contact
      (S) = Scheduled contact

      Contacts:
      6M
      K4MYQ WRK: K9MU/P(S)

      WA5UFH WRK: N3LL(R), AA5AM(R), CNR: W5WVO, K5TTT

      K5TTT WRK: W5WVO(R) CNR: KB7Q

      AA5AM WRK: N5SIX(R), WA5UFH(R), KN4OK(S) CNR: N4AU HRD: W5WVO

      W5KI CNR: WB2RVX HRD: AA5AM, K5TTT, WA5UFH

      KC0HLN CNR: KN4OK HRD: WB2RVX

      N4AU CNR: AA5AM, W5WVO HRD: WB2RVX

      2M
      K4MYQ WRK: K0RI(S), WA5UFH(R) CNR: K9MU/P HRD: WB3BEL

      WA5UFH WRK: K0RI(R), K4YMQ(R), N5SIX(R), XE20R(R,JT6M) N0PB(S)
      HRD: KE7NR, KN4OK

      K5TTT WRK: K9DRO(S), W6OUU(S), WB2RVX(S) , CNR: WB3BEL, K9MD

      UPCOMING METEOR SHOWERS:
      October 21 Orionids (October 2 to November 7)
      November 5 Southern Taurids (September 25 to November 25)
      November 12 Northern Taurids (September 25 to November 25)
      November 17 Leonids (November 10 to November 23)
      November 21 Monocerotids (November 15 to November 25)

      Soapbox:
      WA5UFH: Was nice to see more activity on two meters.
      Was surprised to work JT6M with XE2OR on two meters.
      Rafa is in DL98 about 251 miles; he should be good ms
      contact for many on two meters using FSK441.

      K5TTT: Focused on 2m this week and it paid off.  Had 2,
      1000+ mile contacts and had good luck Friday night too.
      Ran more schedules this week instead of sitting on the
      call freq.  Lots of activity this morning, good to see
      everyone on. Heard/Worked stations in most directions.

      AA5AM: Slim pickins this week. Maybe Sunday will be  better.

      73 Dave
      David R. Hassall WA5DJJ
      Email: dhassall@...