Where is there activity JT65A

  • w4lde
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 4, 2009
      Have had great success on 20 meters with JT65A but I would enjoy trying
      some other frequencies but do not know where to start.

      20M 14076.00
      40M ?
      80M ?
      17M ?

      Any other bands with activity?

      73 de
      Ron W4LDE
    • johnb3030@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 4, 2009
        --- In wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com, w4lde <w4lde@...> wrote:

        > Have had great success on 20 meters with JT65A but I would
        > enjoy trying some other frequencies but do not know where to
        > start.
        >
        > 20M 14076.00
        > 40M ?
        > 80M ?
        > 17M ?
        >
        > Any other bands with activity?
        >
        > 73 de
        > Ron W4LDE

        It has occurred to me that JT65A might be useful for working the last few zones I need on 80M, the ones to which propagation is toughest. I realize that the first obstacle that must be overcome is to have a station in those zones who is willing to give it a try. Is it realistic to think there is any chance of this working on a band where atmospheric noise can be very high? I'm not on JT65A or any other WSJT mode yet, so I have no idea how well it works.

        73,

        John, K9MM
      • Dave Ackrill
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 4, 2009
          The problem here is that there isn't really much agreement yet on the
          frequencies for Data modes, as the band plans between Regions 1, 2 and 3
          can vary depending upon the bandwidth allocated by the various authorities.

          However, here are a few frequencies to keep an eye on...

          Taken from http://hflink.com/jt65/

          JT65A HF Frequencies

          VFO FREQ
          - 28076.0 kHz USB
          - 24920.0 kHz USB
          - 21076.0 kHz USB
          - 18102.0 kHz USB
          * 14076.0 kHz USB
          * 10139.0 kHz USB
          - 7036.0 kHz USB
          - 7039.0 kHz USB
          - 7076.0 kHz USB
          - 3576.0 kHz USB
          - 1838.0 kHz USB
          - 1805.0 kHz USB

          JT65A signal is normally about +1.3kHz to +1.5kHz higher than the VFO
          frequency.

          Terrestrial JT65A
          VHF Frequencies

          VFO FREQ
          - 144.076 MHz USB
          - 144.116 MHz USB
          - 144.160 MHz USB
          - 50.076 MHz USB
          - 50.160 MHz USB
          - 50.260 MHz USB

          As I say, some of the above will be used in some parts of the world, but
          not in others.

          Dave (G0DJA)
        • Mike
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 5, 2009

            Hi group,

            I will try again tonight on 160 Meters.

            1838 KHZ USB Friday, 6th 0300 UTC

            Mike KL7AR

          • Steve Chambers
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 6, 2009
              Hi All
              Just help shine some more light on the frequency subject, In the EU 40m VFO FREQ is 7039 then set DF to about + 100 or 200Hz to avoid WSPR QRM.
              30M is always given as 10139 but this frequency is almost unusable due to WSPR and PSK stations 10138 is usually clear and I've had lots of QSO's around this spot.
              160m 1838can suffer the same with PSK QRM and its always worth keeping an eye on 1839 it's usually clear of QRM.
              Hope that helps
              Steve G8IHT