Spectran Sample Rate Cal

  • captcurt2000
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3, 2009
      Good Afternoon All:

      I need to do some accurate frequency measurement and think Spectran is my most straight forward and accurate method using audio difference measurement to a reference.

      However, I can find no information on correcting the sound card sample rate or other calibration information for Spectran. Mustn't there be some calibration to get any accuracy from the frequency reading from Spectran?

      I've used FLDigi to check the card and it is 17PPM off so how do I put that into the SPectran package?

      Or should I wade thru Spectrum Lab and its cal setup?

      Know this is slightly off topic here but there has been a link between Spec and WSJT and the req to be on frequency is universal.

      Thanks

      Curt
      KU8L