Re: [wsjtgroup] Re: need help

  • Al
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 1, 2009
      Mike:
      I am sure others will answer this also.
      To the best of my knowledge, the protocol is the same no matter what frequency you are on.
      The proper sequence depends on what you have received. Press F5 and it will tell you what to send after you have received something from the other station.
      You never use "all" of the TX messages. Just every other one - again depending on who called who.. Again look at F5.

      When another station sends and you decode it, you can either double left click his call or double right click it. Left will give you the standard OOO, RO etc. The right will give put his signal report in the TX boxes.  My personal preference is to use left click.

      I hope this helps.

      73,
      AL
      WA4EWV

      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 1, 2009
        Mike wrote:
        > Hi group,
        >
        > I am still not totally familiar with the
        > HF protocol regarding signal reports.

        You may find the following useful Mike, and anyone else contemplating
        JT65 on HF.

        http://www.obriensweb.com/bozoguidejt65a.htm

        On HF it is becoming the 'norm' to send the signal received in dB, the
        figure under the heading 'dB' in the received window. So, if the signal
        is showing as -23 in the dB column, send the report after the calls, as
        in "KL7AR G0DJA -23" If you have seen your report to the other station,
        but not yet received an "R" from them, send a report like "KL7AR G0DJA
        R-23".

        The 'OOO' and '73' reporting system was developed for EME and isn't
        really appropriate for HF use.

        Also, to increase your chances of finding other people on the bands, try
        the following link to the K3UK sked pages at http://www.obriensweb.com/sked/

        Dave (G0DJA)
      • Dave Ackrill
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 1, 2009
          Dave Ackrill wrote:

          > If you have seen your report to the other station,
          > but not yet received an "R" from them, send a report like "KL7AR G0DJA
          > R-23".

          Sorry, that should say "If you have seen your report *from* the other
          station but not yet received..."

          Dave (G0DJA)
        • Vlad_UA6JD
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 1, 2009
            Hello, Mike.
            double-clicking on a callsign in
            either one of the decoded text windows causes
            generate HF macros with "DB" level .
            Double-right-clicking does also activates "Auto On".

            --
            Best regards
            73 Vlad UA6JD

            You wrote :
            > Hi group,

            > Well last night I worked one station on 160 meters.I am going to give it
            > another try tonight. I'll be CQing on 1835 KHZ USB JT65A at 0400 UTC. That
            > is one hour later than last night. I am still not totally familiar with the
            > HF protocol regarding signal reports. I know the report consists of the
            > "noise number" but I am a bit confused regarding the "RO" and "RRR" stuff
            > and the proper sequence that they are sent. Is "RO" used to acknowledge the
            > other stations signal report if so then what is the purpose of "RRR", or on
            > HF do I use them at all?

            > Mike KL7AR
          • Vlad_UA6JD
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 1, 2009
              SORRY = CORRECT TEXT BELOW - DELETE MY PREVIOSLY E-MAIL
              Hello, Mike.
              double-right-clicking on a callsign in