Re: [wsjtgroup] [Fwd: Re: WSJT]

  • Peter Frenning [OZ1PIF]
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 27, 2009
      Joe Taylor skrev:
      > Hi Chris,
      >
      > Yes, I happen to have made a .deb file that will install
      > WSJT 7.04 r1313 on Ubuntu 9.04. I made it last August as a
      > learning tool; I had never made a .deb installation package
      > before. It seems to work fine, and you can download it from
      >
      > http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/wsjt_7.04r1313_i386.deb
      >
      > In the directory where you have saved the .deb file, you
      > should then execute the following command:
      >
      > $ sudo dpkg --instdir=. -i wsjt_7.04r1311_i386.deb
      >
      > You might see messages about missing packages. If so, use
      > the Synaptic Package Manager to install them, and then
      > re-execute the above command. On a clean installation of
      > *ubuntu 9.04 you will probably need to pre-install these
      > packages:
      >
      > python-numpy
      > python-tk
      > python-imaging-tk
      > libsamplerate0
      >
      > You can install these with apt-get or with the Synaptic
      > Package Manager (or another tool of your choice... there are
      > many).
      >
      > To start WSJT, enter the commends
      >
      > $ cd WSJT_DEB
      > $ ./wsjt
      >
      > Please let me know if this installation works well for you.
      > As mentioned above, I'm no expert at making these Debian
      > packages.
      >
      > -- 73 Joe, K1JT

      Hi Joe,
      Anything else you've kept secret? (I would just love a .deb of a recent
      WSPR) :-)
      Otherwise great news, I've been running older versions of WSJT and WSPR
      compiled by Eddie, G3ZJO, until now.

      Installing your .deb package was a breeze, I took the easy way out:
      downloaded it to my desktop; double-clicked the file and the rest goes
      (almost) automagically. It installs in /WSJT_DEB (maybe a better place
      would be /user/WSJT_DEB)
      I've been running it for several hours on Ubuntu 9.04 in JT65A and B
      plus FSK441 modes without any mishaps, except for this message when exiting:
      Audio streams terminated normally.
      ./wsjt: line 1: 6406 Segmentation fault LD_LIBRARY_PATH=./lib
      python -O wsjt.py
      pif@Zepto-Ubuntu:

      I've also created a small script along the lines of:
      *****
      cd /WSJT_DEB
      ./wsjt
      *****
      made it executable, and calling it from a shortcut on my desktop (you
      can even make it display the traditional wsjt icon) - normally I don't
      care about the terminal messages!

      Please, please do make these .deb packages in the future for your
      programs, I shall be more than happy to test WSJT and WSPR on the
      current versions of Ubuntu and whatever alfas or betas that might be
      available at the time.

      --
      Vy 73 de OZ1PIF/5Q2M, Peter

      **********************************