Re: [wsjtgroup] Logging time during a MS QSO

  • Lee Scott - AA1YN
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 21, 2003
      At 08:05 PM 9/21/2003 -0500, you wrote:
      >I was wondering what the accepted practice is for logging the time of a
      >completed QSO using meteor scatter. I have received cards where the
      >time logged was the start of the exchanges, the time when both calls
      >were copied and when the RRRs or 73s were received. With the new
      >Logbook of The World now online it is important that everyone use a
      >standard for when to log the time of a meteor scatter QSO. Since MS
      >QSOs can be very long, if one person logs the time at the start of the
      >exchange and the other logs the time of receiving RRRs or 73s, it may
      >fall outside the 30 minute plus or minus range that LoTW uses for QSO
      >matching.
      >
      >73,
      >Chris
      >W5CTV

      Hi Chris,

      When ever I make a contact, I always use the time when the QSO has been
      completed. I know the problem with the LOTW so I've always stated in PJ
      the time I will be using to log the QSO. One should never use the start of
      the QSO but should use the accepted time the QSO is recognized as valid by
      both parties. If the QSO is taken to the time of RRR, than that should be
      the log time, if it is taken to the time of 73's, than log it as that time.