9/13/2003 Random Hour Summary

  • Bruce Brackin
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 19, 2003
      We had fairly good conditions for the pre contest RH.  During the Sunday session I called and listened for 2m segment and only heard W5SNX.  I was unable to be on 6m hour due to scheduled sked.  Conditions on 6m good overnight compared to 2m (even accounting for the 'big guns"  lighting up the sky  on 6m).  I did picked up a random QSO's on a couple of the 20 segments at top of each hour.  I was in and out a lot and didn't get to be on as much as I would have liked during contest.  We would like to hear how others did during the Sunday session and top of hour sessions so please feel free to post your results and comments to the list.

      9/13/2001 Random Hour Summary
      Reporting
      Station 2m
      KC5OAO - Heard W5SNX and WA5UFH
      KM5PO - Heard and called W5SNX and KD5IUG (my "cockpit error" Jim - Bruce)
      W5SNX - Heard and called WA5UFH, heard ?KC5K - Partials on KM5PO calling
      WA5UFH - Worked KD5IUG, heard W5SNX and KM5PO
      KD5IUG - Worked WA5UFH, heard W5SNX and tried KM5PO

      Reporting
      Station 6m
      KC5OAO - Worked WA5UFH and KD5IUG
      KM5PO   - Worked KD5IUG, heard WA5UFH and KC5OAO calling W8TN
      W5SNX  - not no 6m hour - trying to work VP5/K7BV on 2m
      WA5UFH - Worked KC5OAO and KD5IUG, heard KM5PO and W8TN
      KD5IUG - Worked KC5OAO b/s WA5UFH b/s, and KM5PO, heard W8TN and W5SNX

      I would like to express my appreciation to the great efforts VP5/K7BV did for WSJT fans during his trip.  Most of you know their group had great trouble with powerline noise on 6m.  Dennis, the ANC-4 does cover 6m!

      Remember the official kickoff of the new 50.260 MHz 6m calling frequency is at 1500z Sat (just happens to coincide with start of 6m Random Hour).  Hope to be on for 6m from EM45 again.  May or may not be able to post reminder to send results so PSE do at the end of the session

      73 - Bruce, KD5IUG