Computer clock synchronization from USB GPS clock

  • Rein A
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2009
      Hello All,

      I am looking for some serious help on how to find working software
      to synchronize my laptop computer's clock from an USB GPS unit running on the same laptop.
      So far I have been going in circles with software not finding the correct COM port ( USB -> COM assignment ) or software not working at all.

      My thanks in advance

      73 Rein W6SZ
    • Peter Laws
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 2, 2009
        On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 14:15, Rein A <rein0zn@...> wrote:

        > I am looking for some serious help on how to find working software
        > to synchronize my laptop computer's clock  from an USB GPS unit running on the  same laptop.
        > So far I have been going in circles with software not finding the correct COM port ( USB -> COM assignment ) or software not working at all.

        For portable operation?

        If not, and you're fixed, I'd go with the Meinberg NTP client
        (http://www.meinberg.de/english/sw/ntp.htm).

        Not sure if it allows use of a USB-connected GPS as a reference clock,
        but it might.