NEW MS Setup Entry Level

  • captcurt2000
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 30, 2009
      Good Morning All:

      Is there any reason I could not use one of the 150 or 300Wat ex-cell sevice Bricks designed for 900MHz on 144Mhz?

      I expect that I might have to modify the strip line input and output networks and remove the circulator.

      Any other issues? These are a real bargain so would like to try one.

      Eventually, I plan to re-use an old 4cx300 PS for a tube-based 4cx-xxx QRO amp but need something in the meantime.

      Thanks

      Curt
      KU8L
    • Barry Garratt
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 30, 2009
        Hi Curt,

        No reason at all. Your biggest challenge though will be getting them work on 2 meters.

        Good luck.

        Barry KS7DX

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 2, 2009
          Sounds interesting to say the least.  I think the only way to know is to try it.
          Let us know how it works out.
          GL es 73, Bill, wf4r

          W.B.Runyon,Sr.
          Amateur Radio WF4R (FM16ts)