Re: [wsjtgroup] Decode of long bursts using FSK

  • Steve Norris
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 18, 2009
      Howard,

      Long bursts, ie constant level sigs do not decode well in FSK441... What I do is "right click", forcing a decode, rapidly up and down the entire "burst" on the screen... usually you will get some good decodes...

      Steve, W5KI

      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 19, 2009
        Strong bursts can also be helped by increasing the S level to a number just below the observed peak strength of the signal. Try increasing S to 4 or 5, then click around the burst looking for a good decode.

        Another trick is to click on the initial rising edge of the burst; this sometimes decodes better than somewhere inside the burst.

        Bill W5WVO