8/30/03 Random Hour Summary

  • Bruce Brackin
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 5, 2003
      Reporting
      Station 2m
      K4FJW - heard W5SNX tropo
      KC5OAO - heard WA3LTB and W0AMT
      AF4O - heard W5SNX and WA3LTB
      KM5PO - heard KE7NR CQ almost ever seq
      WA5UFH - head and called KE7NR- no contact, WA3LTB and W5SNX
      (Total of 9 reporting or heard)

      Reporting
      Station 6m
      K4FJW - contact KC5OAO calling, heard KD5IUG/4 and NJ0U
      KC5OAO - Worked WA5UFH, KB8U, K4FJW and K5CZD, heard KD5IUG/4 and KE7NR
      AF4O - worked K7BV/1, heard KB8U, WA5UFH, KD5IUG/4 and KC5OAO(b/s)
      WA4UFH - Worked KC5OAO and KE7NR, heard KD5IUG/4, K4FJW and K5CZD
      K5CZD - Worked KC5OAO, heard KB8U and K4FJW
      KD5IUG/4 - Heard KC5OAO, WA5UFH, K1SIX, K7BV/1 and K4FJW calling me.
      (Total of 11 reporting or heard)

      Good hearing day on 6m for me with just home brew loop. Had good pings
      or pieces on 19 of the 60 minutes. One of the vulgarities of operating
      from parking lot of an apartment complex is the noise sources seem to
      get up with people! Got out early Sunday and Monday and was able work
      K4FJW, KC5OAO, N8OC, K7BV/1 and WD4KPD with about 70-80w and loop raised
      to about 15 feet. Overall there were nice rocks over the Labor Day
      weekend - hope they will repeat this go round for us.

      CU for the 9/6/03 Random Hour in the AM! TNX to those that sent reports
      and for the new stations seen also - Bruce, KD5IUG