Re: Sept. Contest & Random Contacts ...

  • Bill
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 31, 2003
      --- In wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com, Mike Hasselbeck <mph@s...> wrote:
      > > Just a personal opinion, but there is much activity during the
      first 4 to 6
      > > hrs if you are in the contest and having a random MS schedule
      during the
      > > first 6 hrs would not get many takers. I will be operating SSB/CW
      during
      > > that time.
      >
      > I agree - the first couple hours of the contests are the most hectic.
      >
      > Mike WB2FKO

      I agree with Lee and Mike as well. Plus the last hour or two on sunday
      is hectic. Every vhf/uhf contest i myself do all my ssb/cw operating
      within the first 5-8 hrs. If someone wants to do a random net or just
      sked a wsjt contact, do it after 11pm when the bands calm down. Just
      my thoughts. Bill N2FKF