Posting on Maps & Reflectors

  • Les Rayburn
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 8, 2009

      I think it's important to post all our meteor scatter contacts to the VHF Maps, and reflectors. Many weak signal VHF guys are not aware of how many contacts they're missing out on by not being involved with WSJT.

      Seeing that MS contact pop up on an otherwise empty map is a great, visual reminder that contacts are being made, even when they believe that the band is dead. This is especially important during the upcoming Perseids meteor shower, and during the Fall months when six meters is usually dead.

      I think posting our contacts on the other traditional weak signal reflectors is a great way to "drum up some business".

      73,

      Les Rayburn, N1LF
      EM63nf
      121 Mayfair Park
      Maylene, AL 35114
    • nw_ebw@MMMonVHF.de
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 8, 2009
        Les Rayburn schrieb:

        > I think it's important to post all our meteor scatter contacts to the
        > VHF Maps, and reflectors. Many weak signal VHF guys are not aware of how
        > many contacts they're missing out on by not being involved with WSJT.
        >
        > Seeing that MS contact pop up on an otherwise empty map is a great,
        > visual reminder that contacts are being made, even when they believe
        > that the band is dead. This is especially important during the upcoming
        > Perseids meteor shower, and during the Fall months when six meters is
        > usually dead.
        >
        > I think posting our contacts on the other traditional weak signal
        > reflectors is a great way to "drum up some business".
        >
        > 73,
        >
        > Les Rayburn, N1LF

        Hi Les, and MS friends...

        have a look what happened in the first hours of the Perseids
        here in Europe: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/ms.php We will try
        to keep up the activity MAP during the shower and the MS SPRINT
        Contest at 12 august... Have fun and good Perseids!
        Mit freundlichem Gruß / best regards

        73 de Guy (Guido) D L 8 E B W
        QTH: JO31NF / DL66a MMMonVHF
        VHF-DX: MS & EME in WSJT & HSCW