Re: Moon-net Digest, Vol 210, Issue 11

  • Jerry Siegmund
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 8 10:29 AM
      I was looking through August National Geographic and found this on Pgs
      48,49 or so.. Article was on Salmon Poaching, etc.. but thought this
      looked familiar.! Looked to me like a 70cm EME Array.. But Barry
      VE3CDX/W7.. to his 'Best Guess'.. says this;

      The 3 grey dishes are DBS satellite receive - look to be probably 1.8 meter
      in size. The green colored dish looks like about 2 metes in size and
      probably 2 GHZ point to point microwave judging by the size of the feed
      horn. The large multi element array is UHF TV - common in Russia. There is a
      loaded vertical side mounted on the building roof. Probably local FM radio
      TX antenna and there looks to be a birdcage style antenna on top of the
      taller tower. Could be the local AM TX antenna. Looks like maybe a shorter
      vertical up there too.

      What looks like a yagi is really probably power lines. One wire does appear
      to be attached to the cross arm but that could just be the angle of the
      picture.

      Just my interpretation from having seen this stuff when I was living/working
      in Russia.

      Barry VE3CDX/W7

      Link to Photo..

      http://www.angelfire.com/ab/ltpa/kamchatka.jpeg

      Thanks Barry.. Anyone want to 'Out Guess Barry' ?.. And if the Link does
      not work.. send me an e-mail.. and I will Forward the 'Interesting Pic'
      on to you..
      Jerry VE6CPP
      DN39or