Possible Perseids Outburst

  • Les Rayburn
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 4, 2009
      Some good news from Space Weather News today. Like many, I plan to be very active on and near the peak, especially on 2 Meters looking for new grids. Please let the group know if you plan to be active. I'll focus on 2 Meters, but be willing to work 6 Meters as well.

      Thanks to all for listening for the weak ones!

      73,

      Les Rayburn, N1LF
      EM63nf
      121 Mayfair Park
      Maylene, AL 35114
      "Stars Fell On Alabama Last Night...."

      Space Weather News for Aug. 4,  2009
      http://spaceweather.com

      POSSIBLE PERSEID METEOR OUTBURST:

      This year's Perseid meteor shower could be even better than usual.

      According to NASA's Meteoroid Environment Office, a  filament of comet
      dust has drifted across Earth's path and when Earth passes through it, sometime
       between 0800 and 0900 UT on August 12th, the Perseid meteor rate could
      surge to  twice its normal value.

      PERSEIDS ON YOUR iPHONE: Spaceweather.com is pleased to announce a new
      iPhone/iPod application dedicated to the upcoming Perseid meteor shower.   It
      features a Perseid countdown clock, news alerts, an easy-to-use sky map, and
      a live gallery of photos from around the world.  Sky watchers of all types
      will find it a valuable companion when the shower peaks later this  month.

      Learn more:  http://spaceweather.com/perseids