Random Hour Report for 7-11-2009

  • David R. Hassall
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 14, 2009
      Message
      Random Hour Report for 7/11/2009
      I received 6 reports this week.  I am now answering the receipt
      of each report.  If you do not get a “thank you” email back,
      I didn’t get your report for some Reason.  So, please resend it.

      Ping Jockey scheduling page is:
      Backup page for Ping Jockey is:
      http://vhftalk.aa1yn.com/index.html

      Codes:
      WRK - Worked station
      CNR  - Called but not worked
      HRD  - Heard
      (R) = Random contact
      (S) = Scheduled contact

      Contacts:
      6M
      WA5DJJ HRD: W9UUN, WA5UFH, W5UWB, KE7NR

      W3RGA CNR: KC0HLN HRD: N3TH, WB3BEL

      WB3BEL CNR: W4RYW  HRD: W3RGA

      W5UWB WRK: N0PB(S), WB5TUF(R)(TROPO)

      WA5UFH HRD: K0RI, K5MBV, WB5TUF, WA5DJJ, KE7NR

      2M
      W5UWB WRK: N0PB(S), N3LL(S)

      WA5UFH WRK: W8NJR(S), N3LL(R) HRD: W5UWB

      W8NJR WRK: K0RI(R), W2TSL(R), WA5UFH(S) HRD: AJ8P, AF4O

      NEXT SHOWER:
      July 27 - Aquarids July 12 to August 19
      July 29 - Capricornids July 3 to August 15

      Soapbox:
      WA5DJJ: I got only 6 reports this week.  I keep hoping
      it will pick up.  I used to get up to 14 reports in the past.
      I just need who you worked, who you tried to work and who you
      heard.  It is very important to newcomers to know that they were
      heard by the other stations.  It makes the newcomers become more
      inclined to be more active. When your first starting out in this
      mode, your not always sure that your station is working. The life
      blood of our Meteor Scatter activity is to attract new stations
      to our activity.  Without the new stations to chase after, will
      only give us the familiar stations that we work week after week.
      Our many Awards are very dependent on new operators getting on
      Meteor Scatter.  Without reports every week giving operators a
      sense that it is possible to make scatter contacts, Some get
      frustrated and give up.  I have seen quite a few calls that were
      on for a few weeks and then disappeared.  If their calls had
      appeared in the reports that someone actually coppied them, I
      believe they would be still with us.  I hope to be operating from
      Grid Square DM66 from the July 18 to july 26.  I am taking a new
      and better antenna, Amplifiers for 6M and 2M to cure the radio
      overheating problem.  Hopefully, I will be able to work the
      stations I missed on my last trip.  I do have dialup internet at
      this site and hope to see you all on PJ.  I will do my best to
      get everyone worked.

      73 Dave

      73 Dave

      David R. Hassall WA5DJJ