Serial ports and USB devices (don't need no stinking serial ports)

  • striplingp
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 11, 2009
      I have a Garmin Colorado GPS for time-keeping, but it attaches to my computer by USB port. I also have a SignaLink USB which attaches to a USB port. My copy of gps-clock seems to be looking for my GPS on a serial port which I don't have and don't need.

      Is there a way to get a USB port (Windows Vista) to tell gps-clock that it's COM1? Or is there a program (prefer free) that will see my GPS on the USB port and get the time from it.