Operations at DM66

  • David R. Hassall
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 23, 2009
      Dear Gang,

      Operations at DM66 have been a little tough. Radio is overheating
      as I am trying to run with an ICOM706MKIIG. It seems to hear fine
      when the noise is down and I need to get my antennas up higher.
      The radio is overheating and so it may be time to invest in some
      amps or bring my ICOM746PRO up with me. I will try to get everyone worked from here. I will be here until the 1st of July this time and
      then will be back in July, August and September. Dates for the return
      visits are not firm yet. This is my summer hiding spot so I do come up here often, but I didn't always bring radios with me.

      So, bear with me as I get things sorted out. It may take a bit.
      but in the end I will have a good portable station that I can take
      to other grids and operate.

      I was able to work K7MAC on both 6 and 2 meters. Almost made it with
      W9RPM on 6M till the noise got me. Missed with WA5UFH but will retry
      that one. I do have a couple of email sked requests I am trying to
      work through while I am testing. I am trying to keep a list but
      right now I can't count on my station completing the contacts...
      at least just yet...

      Hope I get all this done in the next 9 days or so...hi hi..

      73 Dave