WSJT7 Won't TX

  • dsparks_77
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2009
      All of a sudden, WSJT7 (v. 7.03 r1090) won't transmit. I re-installed it from a fresh download, deleting the previous .ini file, and still no success. When it comes time to transmit, it keys the PTT line, but the line to be sent is not highlighted and the box at the lower right corner does not change from "Receiving" to "Transmitting". When I connect my amplified speakers to the output connector on the card, nothing is heard. But the waterfall in SpecJT does stop during this period, just as it did normally when it WAS transmitting.

      The only change that might explain this is the installation of a new sound card, a Creative Audigy 4. I was previously using WSJT with the internal sound "card" built into the motherboard, which is still enabled as the "default" sound card for Windows sounds. I am reserving the new sound card for use with sound card digital modes. I have changed to configuration to use the new input and output ports. Even when I change back to use the original ports, nothing works.

      I tried using the WSPR program, which I'm guessing shares a good bit of WSJT's code base, and it works just fine. It keys the PTT line and I hear the tone when I have the speaker hooked up to the output.

      I do remember running WSJT with "Enable Diagnostics" selected, and getting a couple of messages saying something like "Warning: interrupt delay" followed by a number in the range of 30,000 to 50,000 ms. forgot to save the message, and I can't seem to reproduce it.

      Any idea what's going on and, more importantly,how I can fix it?

      73 de AF6AS
      Dave in Riverside, CA - DM13gw