Help finding the schematic for my TR Sequencer

  • David R. Hassall
    Message 1 of 2 , May 16, 2009
      Message
      Dear Gang,

      I built a TR sequencer out of the radio Amateur's Handbook in 1993 or 1994.
      I have spent weeks looking for this thing and it seems that I have also misplaced
      the information I built it from.  I bought the Circuit board from Far Circuits and built
      two of the units so I would have a spare in case the lightning Fairy decided to
      visit one of them.

      Well, Now I can't find the circuit information. It isn't the digital TR switch that Far
      has listed it is the other one.  The information says it is from ARRL Handbook
      Chapter 31 figure but it doesn't list the year. I think it is from a 1993 or 1994
      Radio Amateur's handbook.

      I had to have built it in 1993 or 1994 because that was the years I expanded my
      mountain topping station to 5 bands and I had to have the sequencer to do that.

      If anyone has a 1993 or 1994 Radio Amateur's Handbook could look in Chapter
      31 at figure 22 and if it is a sequencer... My sequencer was designed by Chip
      Angle it has a 4070 IC and a LM339 IC in the middle of the board.  It has four
      output transistors on one end. and 2  2N2222 transistors on the other end.
      I need the schematic and information for that one.   I made the BIG MISTAKE of
      giving all my old handbooks to other hams and now I need them.  It seems I
      never learn.

      Any help would be greatly appreciated.  This sequencer is going to be used in
      my upgrade to Mast mounted preamps in the near future.

      73 Dave

      David R. Hassall WA5DJJ
      Email: dhassall@...

    • Earl Needham
      Message 2 of 2 , May 16, 2009
        David R. Hassall wrote:
        > Well, Now I can't find the circuit information. It isn't the digital TR
        > switch that Far
        > has listed it is the other one. The information says it is from ARRL
        > Handbook
        > Chapter 31 figure but it doesn't list the year. I think it is from a 1993 or
        > 1994
        > Radio Amateur's handbook.
        I have Handbooks from 1935, 1942, 69, 71, 72, 78, and 2005-2008.

        The 2005 Handbook has, in section 19, page 48, a "TR TIME DELAY
        GENERATOR FOR VHF/UHF SYSTEMS".

        I THINK this is the one you've described -- it speaks of FAR
        Circuits and the schematic shows chips and transistors just as you've
        described.

        HTH,
        Earl

        --