Random Hour Report for 5-5-2--9

  • David R. Hassall
    Message 1 of 1 , May 5 3:50 PM
      Message
      Random Hour Report for 5/5/2009
      I received 6 reports this week.  I am now answering the receipt
      of each report.  If you do not get a “thank you” email back,
      I didn’t get your report for some Reason.  So, please resend it.

      Ping Jockey scheduling page is:
      Backup page for Ping Jockey is:
      http://vhftalk.aa1yn.com/index.html

      Codes:
      WRK - Worked station
      CNR  - Called but not worked
      HRD  - Heard
      (R) = Random contact
      (S) = Scheduled contact

      Contacts:
      6M
      WA5DJJ WRK: W5UWB(R) K5LA(R) K7MAC(R) HRD: KE7NR
      W5UWB WRK: KE7NR(R), N5SIX(R), W5WVO(R), KS7S(R),
          VE3CDX/W7(R)
      WU9Q WRK: K0RI(R), CNR: WA4HFN
      WA5UFH HRD: K5MBV
      KI7JA WRK: W5WVO(S)

      2M
      AJ8P WRK: VE2DSB(R)
      WA5DJJ HRD: KE7NR
      WA5UFH WRK: N4HN(S)
      KI7JA WRK: KE7NR(S)

      NEXT SHOWER:
      May 9 (Daytime) Epsilon Arietids Apr 24 - May 27
      May 5 Eta Aquarids Apr 19 - May 28
      May 16 (Daytime)  May Arietids Apr 24 - May 27
      May 20 (Daytime) Omicron-Cetids May5 - Jun 2

      Soapbox:
      W5UWB: Still running the Flex 5000A, 1500w and 6 el. If
      the wind ever dies down here we (XYL and myself) will
      replace the 6el with an M2 6M7JHV HD. With its 2" boom
      should survive these winds somewhat better!

      WU9Q: We're back from vacation. We were in Las Vegas for
      a month with our daughter and new grandbaby. Her husband
      was there too. We had no 6m gear with us.  Today I worked
      K0RI and called but did not work WA4HFN. Both had really
      strong signals here.

      WA5DJJ: Gental Reminder that some folks are working
      on 50.260 using the Up/down method. If you see (D#)
      or (U#) in the CQ it means that the station calling
      CQ is listening up or down the number of killohertz
      of the number.  This is used mostly to eliminate
      interference on the common calling frequency and
      allows you to use short messages on the offset
      frequency.  This also most times makes the QSO go
      smoother and faster. If you call the station on
      the calling frequency, He isn't listening there and
      will not hear you.  For other techniques on operating
      Random hour, Check out the Random Hour Manual at:
      http://www.ykc.com/wa5ufh/Misc/RHActivityPeriod.htm

      My six meter antenna decided to work last Saturday
      and I hope it continues that trend.  Number of reports
      was way down from normal.  Hope to see you all on May 9th.

      73 Dave
      David R. Hassall WA5DJJ
      Email: dhassall@...