08/02/03 Random Hour Summary

  • Bruce Brackin
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 8, 2003
      From the reports there was more activity on RH last week.  I guess everyone is in warmup mode for shower!  Wish I could have activied FM03 but survived tuff weekend on the beach - hi!

      Reporting
      Stations 2m
      K4QXX    - heard KC5OAO, NJ0U, W5SNX and WA3LTB
      WA5UFH -  NJ0U (while John also worked KC5OAO),  heard W5AK and W5SNX
      K5CZD     - heard WA3LTB and had to skip 6m hour
      NJ0U         - Worked WA5UFH and KC5OAO at same time. Heard K4QXX working W5SNX
                           Welcome John!

      Reporting
      Stations 6m
      K4QXX    - heard W5AK
      WA5UFH - Band opened. Heard W5AK, W5SNX, and NJ0U.  Worked W9LBI on
                          FSK441, JT6M, JT44 and PSK (50.290).  Heard full 30 sec blast of ST's
                          Remember to switch to MT's - if you insert your call at beginning of message,
                          it will make it MT regardless
      NJ0U       - Called CQ, nothing heard

      RH setup info at:
       http://www.qsl.net/wa5ufh/WSJTGROUP/randomhour.htm?B1=Manual+For+Random+Hour

      John - Tip has a section dealing with working 2 at once under a section entitled
      'Unique Situations and Challenges of Activity Periods'.  I worked K4FJW and WA5UFH
      on 6m Thursday AM while mobile for short trip using this method.  Tom used ST's and Tip switched
      to MT's and added his call so it all worked out OK.  Never heard Tom's 73's but fairly sure he
      received my "FJW RRR" message as Tip said in email he heard Tom's 73's.

      Hope to see all in the AM - TV2 carrrier pings on 55.239.44 seem to be picking up so lets hope Mr.
      Perseids comes to visit a little eary!  Ms-Soft shows we could expect about 10 per hour.

      Bruce, KD5IUG