RE: [wsjtgroup] New FSK411 Award

  • CT1EKD
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 27, 2009

      Miles?? Why not Kilometers….

      Pedro – CT1EKD

      From: wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com [mailto:wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Barry Garratt
      Sent: domingo, 26 de Abril de 2009 17:29
      To: wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [wsjtgroup] New FSK411 Award

      Hello all,

      I am pleased to announce the Super 7's Meteor Scatter Group has a new award available to promote long distance contacts using meteor scatter.

      The award is called the 10,000 mile award and requires completing meteor scatter contacts using FSK441 for a total of 10,000 miles. Sounds easy doesn't it BUT there is a catch.

      All contacts must be 1,000 miles or more.

      Full details of the award can be found at http://www.ykc.com/wa5ufh/Super7/S7Index.htm

      A sample of the award will be posted there shortly.

      Have fun!

      Regards,

      Barry VE3CDX/W7

    • Mike(W5UC) & Kathy(K5MWH)
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 27, 2009
        CT1EKD wrote:

        /Miles?? Why not Kilometers…/.

        Pedro – CT1EKD

        What's a kilometer?

        73,
        Mike, W5UC
        "American by birth. Texan by the grace of God*
        http://www.the912project.com
        http://www.suddenlink.net/p
      • Chris Cox, N0UK
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 27, 2009
          The American spelling of kilometre.

        • dougwe@comcast.net
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 27, 2009
            Maybe because "16,0934.4 Kilometer Award" is too hard to remember?

            :-D

            Doug
            K7IP

            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 27, 2009
              Version 1.11 of WSPR is now available.

              To download the installation package for Windows, go to the
              WSJT Home Page,
              http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/index.html .
              Click on WSPR, then click on WSPR_1.11.

              This is a minor maintenance release. It gives WSPR several
              new features requested by users:

              1. Live readout of Rx noise level in status bar.
              2. Annoying popup messages when editing frequency settings
              have been fixed.
              3. Frequency settings for band "Other" are now saved and
              restored on program restart.
              4. Basic operating instructions in Help screen are updated.

              Users of WSPR under Linux, FreeBSD, Mac OS X, and other
              unix-like operating systems may download and compile the
              source code for r1169 to generate WSPR 1.11.

              As always, please send me your comments and suggestions.

              -- 73, Joe, K1JT
            • Barry Garratt
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 27, 2009
                Hi Pedro,

                I guess I could ask you the same question. Why kilometers?

                The award is sponsored in the USA and over here our standard of measurement is miles.

                Barry VE3CDX/W7

                  Message 8 of 11 , Apr 27, 2009
                    A problem was discovered in WSPR v1.11. I believe it has
                    been corrected in v1.12 (r1177). If you downloaded v1.11
                    earlier today, you should upgrade to v1.12. See the earlier
                    announcement below.

                    -- 73, Joe, K1JT

                    Joe Taylor wrote:
                    > Version 1.11 of WSPR is now available.
                    >
                    > To download the installation package for Windows, go to the WSJT Home Page,
                    > http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/index.html .
                    > Click on WSPR, then click on WSPR_1.11.
                    >
                    > This is a minor maintenance release. It gives WSPR several new features
                    > requested by users:
                    >
                    > 1. Live readout of Rx noise level in status bar.
                    > 2. Annoying popup messages when editing frequency settings
                    > have been fixed.
                    > 3. Frequency settings for band "Other" are now saved and
                    > restored on program restart.
                    > 4. Basic operating instructions in Help screen are updated.
                    >
                    > Users of WSPR under Linux, FreeBSD, Mac OS X, and other unix-like
                    > operating systems may download and compile the source code for r1169 to
                    > generate WSPR 1.11.
                    >
                    > As always, please send me your comments and suggestions.
                    >
                    > -- 73, Joe, K1JT

                  • Daniel S. Brouillard
                    Message 9 of 11 , Apr 27, 2009
                      Look at that on 2M here...

                      71.252 Km (44.273 miles) with all 57 grid I have here since one year

                      I'll participate for this award also....you can count on one VE's for sure...Lol!

                      73 all

                      --- In wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com, Jerry Siegmund <jer.sieg@...> wrote:

                      > Hey Barry.. I will have to keep my eye on that one! I went thru my
                      > Logs.. just to see what I have amassed in the past year and a half or
                      > so.. 9948mi on 2M All Verified w/ QSL's too I might add.... and a lot of
                      > those guys I don't see on PJ anymore ! So starting May 1st.. its gonna
                      > be a tough one ! We need more US (and VE's for that matter) on FSK441
                      > ! Great Way to get more 'Paper Chasers' on Board !
                      > Jerry VE6CPP
                      > DN39or
                      >
                      > Barry Garratt wrote:
                      > >

                      > > Hello all,
                      > >
                      > > I am pleased to announce the Super 7's Meteor Scatter Group has a new
                      > > award available to promote long distance contacts using meteor scatter.
                      > >
                      > > The award is called the 10,000 mile award and requires completing
                      > > meteor scatter contacts using FSK441 for a total of 10,000 miles.
                      > > Sounds easy doesn't it BUT there is a catch.
                      > >
                      > > All contacts must be 1,000 miles or more.
                      > >
                      > > Full details of the award can be found at
                      > > http://www.ykc.com/wa5ufh/Super7/S7Index.htm
                      > > <http://www.ykc.com/wa5ufh/Super7/S7Index.htm>
                      > >
                      > > A sample of the award will be posted there shortly.
                      > >
                      > > Have fun!
                      > >
                      > > Regards,
                      > >
                      > > Barry VE3CDX/W7

                    • Hisami DEJIMA
                      Message 10 of 11 , May 4, 2009
                        Hi All

                        I am new with Mac and looking for WSPR works on OS X.
                        Is there any compiled execution file?

                        73, Hisami 7L4IOU