New FSK411 Award

  • Barry Garratt
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 26, 2009
      Hello all,

      I am pleased to announce the Super 7's Meteor Scatter Group has a new award available to promote long distance contacts using meteor scatter.

      The award is called the 10,000 mile award and requires completing meteor scatter contacts using FSK441 for a total of 10,000 miles. Sounds easy doesn't it BUT there is a catch.

      All contacts must be 1,000 miles or more.

      Full details of the award can be found at http://www.ykc.com/wa5ufh/Super7/S7Index.htm

      A sample of the award will be posted there shortly.

      Have fun!

      Regards,

      Barry VE3CDX/W7

    • CT1EKD
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 27, 2009

        Miles?? Why not Kilometers….

        Pedro – CT1EKD

        I am pleased to announce the Super 7's Meteor Scatter Group has a new award available to promote long distance contacts using meteor scatter.

        The award is called the 10,000 mile award and requires completing meteor scatter contacts using FSK441 for a total of 10,000 miles. Sounds easy doesn't it BUT there is a catch.

        All contacts must be 1,000 miles or more.

        Full details of the award can be found at http://www.ykc.com/wa5ufh/Super7/S7Index.htm

        A sample of the award will be posted there shortly.

        Have fun!

        Regards,

        Barry VE3CDX/W7

      • Mike(W5UC) & Kathy(K5MWH)
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 27, 2009
          CT1EKD wrote:

          /Miles?? Why not Kilometers…/.

          Pedro – CT1EKD

          What's a kilometer?

          73,
          Mike, W5UC
          "American by birth. Texan by the grace of God*
          http://www.the912project.com
          http://www.suddenlink.net/p
        • Chris Cox, N0UK
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 27, 2009
            The American spelling of kilometre.

          • dougwe@comcast.net
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 27, 2009
              Maybe because "16,0934.4 Kilometer Award" is too hard to remember?

              :-D

              Doug
              K7IP

              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 27, 2009
                Version 1.11 of WSPR is now available.

                To download the installation package for Windows, go to the
                WSJT Home Page,
                http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/index.html .
                Click on WSPR, then click on WSPR_1.11.

                This is a minor maintenance release. It gives WSPR several
                new features requested by users:

                1. Live readout of Rx noise level in status bar.
                2. Annoying popup messages when editing frequency settings
                have been fixed.
                3. Frequency settings for band "Other" are now saved and
                restored on program restart.
                4. Basic operating instructions in Help screen are updated.

                Users of WSPR under Linux, FreeBSD, Mac OS X, and other
                unix-like operating systems may download and compile the
                source code for r1169 to generate WSPR 1.11.

                As always, please send me your comments and suggestions.

                -- 73, Joe, K1JT
              • Barry Garratt
                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 27, 2009
                  Hi Pedro,

                  I guess I could ask you the same question. Why kilometers?

                  The award is sponsored in the USA and over here our standard of measurement is miles.

                  Barry VE3CDX/W7

                    Message 9 of 11 , Apr 27, 2009
                      A problem was discovered in WSPR v1.11. I believe it has
                      been corrected in v1.12 (r1177). If you downloaded v1.11
                      earlier today, you should upgrade to v1.12. See the earlier
                      announcement below.

                      -- 73, Joe, K1JT

                      Joe Taylor wrote:
                      > Version 1.11 of WSPR is now available.
                      >
                      > To download the installation package for Windows, go to the WSJT Home Page,
                      > http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/index.html .
                      > Click on WSPR, then click on WSPR_1.11.
                      >
                      > This is a minor maintenance release. It gives WSPR several new features
                      > requested by users:
                      >
                      > 1. Live readout of Rx noise level in status bar.
                      > 2. Annoying popup messages when editing frequency settings
                      > have been fixed.
                      > 3. Frequency settings for band "Other" are now saved and
                      > restored on program restart.
                      > 4. Basic operating instructions in Help screen are updated.
                      >
                      > Users of WSPR under Linux, FreeBSD, Mac OS X, and other unix-like
                      > operating systems may download and compile the source code for r1169 to
                      > generate WSPR 1.11.
                      >
                      > As always, please send me your comments and suggestions.
                      >
                      > -- 73, Joe, K1JT

                    • Daniel S. Brouillard
                      Message 10 of 11 , Apr 27, 2009
                        Look at that on 2M here...

                        71.252 Km (44.273 miles) with all 57 grid I have here since one year

                        I'll participate for this award also....you can count on one VE's for sure...Lol!

                        73 all

                        --- In wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com, Jerry Siegmund <jer.sieg@...> wrote:

                        > Hey Barry.. I will have to keep my eye on that one! I went thru my
                        > Logs.. just to see what I have amassed in the past year and a half or
                        > so.. 9948mi on 2M All Verified w/ QSL's too I might add.... and a lot of
                        > those guys I don't see on PJ anymore ! So starting May 1st.. its gonna
                        > be a tough one ! We need more US (and VE's for that matter) on FSK441
                        > ! Great Way to get more 'Paper Chasers' on Board !
                        > Jerry VE6CPP
                        > DN39or
                        >
                        > Barry Garratt wrote:
                        > >

                        > > Hello all,
                        > >
                        > > I am pleased to announce the Super 7's Meteor Scatter Group has a new
                        > > award available to promote long distance contacts using meteor scatter.
                        > >
                        > > The award is called the 10,000 mile award and requires completing
                        > > meteor scatter contacts using FSK441 for a total of 10,000 miles.
                        > > Sounds easy doesn't it BUT there is a catch.
                        > >
                        > > All contacts must be 1,000 miles or more.
                        > >
                        > > Full details of the award can be found at
                        > > http://www.ykc.com/wa5ufh/Super7/S7Index.htm
                        > > <http://www.ykc.com/wa5ufh/Super7/S7Index.htm>
                        > >
                        > > A sample of the award will be posted there shortly.
                        > >
                        > > Have fun!
                        > >
                        > > Regards,
                        > >
                        > > Barry VE3CDX/W7

                      • Hisami DEJIMA
                        Message 11 of 11 , May 4, 2009
                          Hi All

                          I am new with Mac and looking for WSPR works on OS X.
                          Is there any compiled execution file?

                          73, Hisami 7L4IOU