RE: [wsjtgroup] Lyrids & Meteor Scatter Database 1

  • Barry Garratt
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 23, 2009
      The LYRIDS were a non event Tip.

      It appeared to me that no one made any special attempt to get on for them beyond the usual folk.

      Same players that are active on a daily basis.

      I saw comments on PJ the night before between two stations that didn't even know the LYRIDS were due. The first clue they had was a story on the local news.

      Sad commentary for meteor scatter activity when a person(s) uses the MS page on PJ and doesn't even know that a shower peak is due the next day.

      Barry VE3CDX/W7

      #1. Out
      of that 97 entries none were reported during the Lyrids. In fact 60 of
      those reported
      are during the Perseids; I suppose there is a message in that.

      By the way, if you have data you want entered into the databases just email
      it to me. I
      am unable to protect the database from "web robots" that enter junk thus I
      have to enter
      all the data for now.

      Don't forget the "WVO Sprint" is Saturday. Rules are on the group webpages
      along with
      the databases etc.

      Tip
      WA5UFH