6 meter preamp for HSMS

  • wd4elg_base
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 12, 2009
      OK, I do not (yet) have a station like the big guns. But I am making progress with HSMS.

      Question – could there be decodeable FSK441 signals on 6 meters that I could be missing, but I could hear if I added a preamp on the mast? Is there that marginal a difference in strength that a pre-amp will make non-decodeable (or undetected) signals suddenly pop out of the noise? Is it analogous to other signals that will be detected better with preamps? Or with HSMS is that analysis invalid?

      Mark Lunday
      WD4ELG
      wd4elg@...
      http://wd4elg.net