Re: [wsjtgroup] SixMeter Call Frequency Dialog... 50MHz Ops Read...
- Here is another reason not to move the 50mhz calling freq up in freq.
In the midwest, there is a major start to use 50.300 as an FM calling
frequency. I discovered this while I was trying to work JT6M on 50.275.
50.300 thru 50.400 is an all mode section of the band and FM is allowed by
Yes I did point out the gentleman that he was intruding on the weak signal
area of the band by placing his center freq on 50.300 and yes I did write
to the League with some nice worded comments.
Personally I don't see the need for moving the calling freq.
- Hello to all,50.270 is usually quiet in most directions at my station.50.280 is also quiet in most directions to my station, but does get some FM scratching from 50.300 ops when 6 meters is open to my south.I would not be opposed to establishing a different calling frequency for 6 meters.Perhaps we should consider being even higher into the 50.300 to 50.600 window for all modes. That might improve relations with ssb ops who consider their turf to be 50.100 to 50.300. For example, I have worked JA's on ssb as high as 50.280 during the crowded F2 openings a few years ago, and domestic stations will frequently be found running ssb in range of 50.200 to 50.250 during strong summer Es conditions.ThanksBrian, KC7OTV--- Original Message -----From: Randy TiptonSent: Thursday, August 07, 2003 6:48 AMSubject: [wsjtgroup] SixMeter Call Frequency Dialog... 50MHz Ops Read...
I am proposing we consider moving the six meter calling frequency. The existing call frequency is 50.270 and is used by portable, mobile, cqing stations and for activity periods ie Random Hours.
The reason for moving is heterodynes or birdies on that frequency which cause interference to some operators using the WSJT modes.
One proposed call frequency is 50.280 MHz.
Please address the following points:
- Do you presently have interference with .270?
- Do you support the ideal of moving frequency to assist those that do have interference?
- Is 50.280 acceptable to you?
- If not why not and what other frequency would you propose?
- What will be the best way to achieve a consensus agreement?
- Please comment on other issues that concern you about the call frequency?
Note: This proposal is for WSJT Modes only. The 50.290 PSK31 / Other Digital Modes call frequency remains the same. We are not addressing SSB call frequencies!
Note: No one is Band Plan Master. I propose this for group dialog and will submit my response also. If there is no energy around this issue it will die on the web.
Comments to either reflector: DOS (DigitalOnSix) or WSJTGROUP. (Seems most six meter operators are members of one or the other groups so this should get good coverage)
To unsubscribe, send an email to:
Activity Periods http://www.qsl.net/wa5ufh/WSJTGROUP/WSJTGROUP.htm
Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.