Re: [wsjtgroup] SixMeter Call Frequency Dialog... 50MHz Ops Read...

  • Lee Scott - AA1YN
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 7, 2003
      Here is another reason not to move the 50mhz calling freq up in freq.

      In the midwest, there is a major start to use 50.300 as an FM calling
      frequency. I discovered this while I was trying to work JT6M on 50.275.

      50.300 thru 50.400 is an all mode section of the band and FM is allowed by
      the bandplan.

      Yes I did point out the gentleman that he was intruding on the weak signal
      area of the band by placing his center freq on 50.300 and yes I did write
      to the League with some nice worded comments.

      Personally I don't see the need for moving the calling freq.
    • Brian Hoyland
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 8, 2003
        Hello to all,

        50.270 is usually quiet in most directions at my station.

        50.280 is also quiet in most directions to my station, but does get some FM scratching from 50.300 ops when 6 meters is open to my south.

        I would not be opposed to establishing a different calling frequency for 6 meters.

        Perhaps we should consider being even higher into the 50.300 to 50.600 window for all modes.  That might improve relations with ssb ops who consider their turf to be 50.100 to 50.300. For example, I have worked JA's on ssb as high as 50.280 during the crowded F2 openings a few years ago, and domestic stations will frequently be found running ssb in range of 50.200 to 50.250 during strong summer Es conditions.

        Thanks

        Brian, KC7OTV