Score Card... Call Frequency Six Meters Meteor Scatter

  • Randy Tipton
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 7, 2003

      Early counting… thanks to those who have responded. If you responded and I failed to capture your request please let me know. I know of 124 six meter wsjt stations and we have heard from 10 operators, would be nice to hear from more operators yea or nay… If you operate Six you need to respond.

      Those who would benefit because of interference on 50.270

      WO9S; KA5DWI; K2OVS; K0XXX; KD5IUG; K1JT; N6ENU

      List of stations who will support moving the call frequency if it helps other operators…

      WA5UFH; W0AMT

      List of stations opposed to moving the call frequency.

      K0SM – Concerned that the new call frequency will not be known by newbies and those who only get on for contests. (Brief, suggest reading Andy’s notes for details)

      It appears to me that Andy has raised some valid concerns. I don’t think anybody would recommend an immediate change right before the Perseids Shower or in close proximity to any major contest. As far as getting the message out there are the following outlets for posting any change…

      Six Club --- Members 2100

      PSK_VHF_HamRadio Reflector --- 559 members

      WSJTGROUP --- 258 Members

      DigitalOnSix --- 160 Members

      It is possible to get the message out to lots of folks with a single email. Bruce had an excellent thought to have the call frequency posted at the top of the PJ page for a few days just to remind folks… Notifying those who use the “Random Hours” would require some effort emailing those who have been active but we could do that.

      Randy Tipton WA5UFH (Tip)
      Edna, Texas EL19pa
      Email            :
      wa5ufh@...
      __________________________________

    • John Milligan
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 7, 2003
        Randy Tipton wrote:

        > It appears to me that Andy has raised some valid concerns. I don’t think
        > anybody would recommend an immediate change right before the Perseids
        > Shower or in close proximity to any major contest. As far as getting the
        > message out there are the following outlets for posting any change…
        >
        > Six Club --- Members 2100
        >
        > PSK_VHF_HamRadio Reflector --- 559 members
        >
        > WSJTGROUP --- 258 Members
        >
        > DigitalOnSix --- 160 Members

        And of course the WSJT User's Guide.

        --