Re: [wsjtgroup] Re: SixMeter WSJT Call Frequency Dialog

  • Andrew T. Flowers, K0SM
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 7, 2003
      I think moving the calling frequency would be a bad idea. It has
      nothing to do with the QRM potential on either frequency, but more to do
      with the logistics of such a thing and what it means for future
      activity. There are many WSJT users and potential users who are not in
      the "email loop" as it were, especially the newbies who pick up the
      program the the week before teh Leonids shower just to see if they can
      hear anything. They aren't going to know anything about a change and
      aren't going to hear anything as a result. They never become QRV, so
      fewer QSOs for everyone.

      There are a large number of folks who get on FSK441 primarily for
      contests, and I would hate to see activity get divided. I'm hoping that
      there is critical mass this September and January for a large number of
      random QSOs on 6m. If activity is divided between two frequencies from
      those who have heard the gospel and those who haven't, we won't get that
      critical mass. For those of you in the boonies, I wish you could have
      heard 50.270 in the January contest from FN13he so that you would have
      an idea of how well established 50.270 on Sunday morning....

      Andy K0SM/2