UFH analysis of moving the call frequency....

  • Randy Tipton
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 7, 2003

                  My response to the call frequency…

      • Do you presently have interference with .270?

      No problems here. In fact I just checked and between 50.230 – 50.481 are clear of any birdies or hash noise at this time with beam pointed three compass headings.(Closest neighbor is ½ mile)  I understand heterodynes can come and go but I have never experienced one on 50.270 or 50.280. (I do have birdie on .273 if xyl has on her PC)

      • Do you support the ideal of moving frequency to assist those that do have interference?

      Yes, I would be willing to see the call frequency moved if it can help some individuals who which to be active using the call frequency. Lets face it, there is no magic for .270 it was just arbitrarily picked during the days of running Hellscatter .

      • Is 50.280 acceptable to you?

      Yes…moving not for the sake of moving but if it can help others.

      • If not why not and what other frequency would you propose?

      N/A

      • What will be the best way to achieve a consensus agreement?

      Probably not possible to please everyone, however if the majority feel it is justified to move the call frequency then it should be implemented by the majority who take the time to respond by operating on the new frequency. Random Hour frequency should be moved and also all contest references to the call frequency should be moved if a consensus can be achieved.

      • Please comment on other issues that concern you about the call frequency?

      Changing the call frequency could lead to some confusion. The old call frequency is documented many places so if it is moved we should make sure the benefits outweigh the “do nothing” option and that we take the time to select the best available frequency for the majority of operators. As Andy has stated, someone is going to have a birdie no matter what frequency is selected however we should try to accommodate as many operators as possible.

       My two cents b4 tax…

      Randy Tipton WA5UFH (Tip)
      Edna, Texas EL19pa
      Email            : wa5ufh@...