RE: [wsjtgroup] WSJT Frequencies???

  • Randy Tipton
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 6, 2003

                  Gary for Meteor Scatter use horizontal polarization unless trying to work someone who is vertical. Almost all operators I know are using horizontal antennas. As to your question regarding elevation, zero degrees will work just fine for you. WSJT does give you the elevation degrees if you can do that but it is not necessary. Your station will work well, I run a Mirage 1016 Amp on two meters into 9 elements at about 62 ft. In fact I started off with an 18MXXX antenna and went down is size to 9 elements and am actually doing better with what data I have collected. Check my webpage, I have comparisons between the 18Mxxx and 9MSSB antennas tracking a few points like completion times, completion rates etc. With my 9 element antenna with 54 qso’s my completion rate is 76% with an average completion time of 20 minutes. (I do not count any attempts over 1200 miles and I need to update my data on the web)  For most meteor scatter qso’s, 150 watts will be adequate.

                  The meteor shower is a good time to start however contacts can be made almost anytime of the day so don’t think you have to wait for a Major Shower to make contacts. I am sure there are a few chopping-at-the bit to work you.

      Tip