Random Hour Report 1-31-29

  • David R. Hassall
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 3, 2009
      Message
      Random Hour Report for 1/31/2009
      I received 5 reports this week.  I am now answering the receipt
      of each report.  If you do not get a “thank you” email back,
      I didn’t get your report for some Reason.  So, please resend it.

      Ping Jockey scheduling page is:
      Backup page for Ping Jockey is:
      http://vhftalk.aa1yn.com/index.html

      Codes:
      WRK - Worked station
      CNR  - Called but not worked
      HRD  - Heard

      6M
      WA5DJJ HRD: K0RI, KS7S, W7RUV
      W9SE WRK: AJ8P HRD: K2DRH, KA1EZW
      WA5UFH WRK: NB71, K0RDF, K2DRH CNR: KS7S, W6RQR
      W6OUU WRK: K0RI, KE7NR HRD: KS7S, W5WVO

      2M
      WA5DJJ WRK: KS7S, W6RQR (BOTH TROPO)
      KS7S WRK: WA5UFH, WA5DJJ (TROPO) CNR: K7ZL HRD: KE7NR
      WA5UFH WRK: KS7S, KE7NR

      NEXT SHOWER: Chi-Capricarnids - Jan 29 to Feb 28 with the
      high date around Feb 14.

      Soapbox:
      WA5UFH: Worked KS7S on two meters with amp off and
      only 10 watts. Long burns and very strong signal
      from him. Maybe help from Cap/Sagittarids but short
      lived. Worked K2DRN U5 on six meters. Looking forward
      to when the rox's get better. Heard new station on six
      mtrs W6RQR.

      KS7S: My neighborhood broadband noise generator
      was back again about the time activity picked up
      on 6M. I went to 2M and worked a couple of folks
      – very long burst (25 seconds) from Tip on 2M.
      Ran for a bit with Tom, K7ZL but rocks were pretty
      much gone by then.

      W6OUU: Overall I thought MS conditions were down this
      weekend IMHO.

      WA5DJJ: Where are all the reports?  I only received 5 reports
      and one of them was mine.  I don't think my Email was broke.
      I had fun. But can't tell how much fun everyone else was having
      without a report.  There were a total of 16 different calls in this
      report but only 4 reports sent into me.
      Congrats to Bill W5WVO for a 6M Century Award.
      and to Dan VE2DSB on completion of his Initials on 6M.

      73 Dave
      David R. Hassall WA5DJJ
      Email: dhassall@...