error under windows xp pro

  • DDM COMPUTERS - Danny Moss
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2003
      Hi All,

      I sent a message before and never got any answer so I am resending to
      see if any body can help me get wsjt to work
      I am running an athlon 1ghz with 320 meg ram and windows xp pro..
      I download and installed wsjt and then upgraded it then tried to run it
      but it will not run clicking on the desk top icon only bring up this
      message
      System Error &H8007007E(-2147024770). The specified module could not be
      found ..

      could any body help me sort this out so I can get this program working
      I have plenty of ram the computer should be fast enough and I have the
      upgrade patches for win xp pro ..
      any help will be most appreciated ..
      thank you for you time ..
      Danny moss
      vk7hdm
    • T.R. McFadden
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1, 2003
        Morning Dan. I take it by you saying upgrading you mean the 6m beta one.
        Just for fun why don't you give trying to run it without the update and see
        how it goes. I am not having any trouble running it here on XP home but I
        don't use the update. Also I am clueless what the error message is. I
        understand Joe is in Oz on holiday and will be back in a few weeks. He if
        no one else can help you then.

        73's
        Tom McFadden
        K7TRM
        The Former VK4KKS
        > I sent a message before and never got any answer so I am resending to
        > see if any body can help me get wsjt to work
        > I am running an athlon 1ghz with 320 meg ram and windows xp pro..
        > I download and installed wsjt and then upgraded it then tried to run it
        > but it will not run clicking on the desk top icon only bring up this
        > message
        > System Error &H8007007E(-2147024770). The specified module could not be
        > found ..
        >

        > could any body help me sort this out so I can get this program working
        > I have plenty of ram the computer should be fast enough and I have the
        > upgrade patches for win xp pro ..
        > any help will be most appreciated ..
        > thank you for you time ..
        > Danny moss
        > vk7hdm

        > Activity Periods http://www.qsl.net/wa5ufh/WSJTGROUP/WSJTGROUP.htm

      • James Choate
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 1, 2003

          Hi Dan

          I had the exact same error message on my WinXP machine. My problem did not start until I installed software for a Lexmark X83 printer-scanner-copier combo. Uninstalling the Lexmark software didnt even solve the problem. I had to do a Restore to an earlier point before installing the Lexmark software to get WSJT to work again.

             If you do a google search on the error code, you will find a lot of people asking questions about it, but it seems no one has any answers for it!

          Hope this helps you.

          James KC5OAO EL39tu