WSJT code mods

  • Don Latham
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 11, 2009
      Has anyone out there modified or otherwise adapted the code to generate
      voltage steps instead of audio frequencies for WSJT and the other digital
      modes? I want to use a DAC or other device to directly modulate a VCO to
      generate the appropriate signals. I will try a frequency to voltage
      converter, but that may not be fast enough in response and is certainly
      inelegant.
      Thanks
      Don Latham AJ7LL
    • Dave Miller
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 13, 2009
        I am sure that there are many more knowledgeable than myself about
        this, but I don't think that the extremely tight timing tolerances and
        phase coherent frequency shifts used in many of the WSJT modes would
        be compatible with such an interface.

        de N9SS, Dave