Sunday Morning Random Hour Reports - 28 Dec 08

  • Jim, KS7S
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2009
      Better number of reports this week - thanks to all that submitted! Special
      thanks to first time submitter Mike, KI7AB!

      Remember: Quadrantids meteor shower peaks at approximately 1200Z - 1300Z on
      January 3 - last year the peak occurred 5 hours earlier than predicted so
      keep on your toes!

      Contacts are via FSK441, unless otherwise noted. You may see some JT65B
      contacts listed, as several of us out west have been experimenting with
      other modes for ionoscatter and troposcatter.

      RH Report for Sunday, December 28, 2008:

      6M:

      KN4SM:
      WKD: N0PB, AA9MY, K2DRH
      HRD: WB3BEL

      WA5DJJ:
      WKD: VE3CDX/W7
      HRD: KE7NR, KC6ZWT

      VE3CDX/W7:
      WKD: WA5DJJ, KI7AB, KE7NR, K7JIZ, W6OUU, N5JEH
      HRD: K5DNL, WA7BBJ, KU7Z

      KI7JA:
      WKD: KU7Z
      CNR: VE6CPP

      KI7AB:
      WKD: VE3CDX/W7
      HRD: KS7S, KE7NR, WA5DJJ, N5JEH, W6OUU

      W6OUU:
      WKD: VE3CDX/W7, KE7NR
      HRD: KS7S, WA5DJJ, KI7JA, KI7AB

      VE6CPP:
      HRD: KI7JA

      KS7S:
      WKD: K0RI
      HRD: KI7AB, KE7NR

      2M:

      W6OUU:
      WKD: KS7S
      HRD: WA7HQD

      KS7S:
      WKD: WA7HQD, W6OUU, K7JIZ

      SOAPBOX:

      VE6CPP: "Not Much Success this weekend. Sat had Winds 60Kmh Gusting to
      100Kmh, so the QRN on 6M was Incredible! But I did Wrk 281mi CW QSO on 70cm
      with VE6TA so entire weekend was not a loss! Prop seems to reflect my Work
      Sched. No Work = No Prop!

      WA5DJJ: "Tried to see if WY5R could copy me but don't know if it worked.
      Happy New Year all."

      W6OUU: "Some nice pings on both bands."

      KS7S: "First time in a long time that I worked more stations on 2M than I
      did on 6M!"

      Remember, Sunday Random Hour runs from 5AM-9AM local time, both bands
      simultaneously - "pick your poison" and have fun!

      Keep those reports coming - Jim KS7S