Re: [wsjtgroup] Almost but not all the way

  • dougwe@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 16, 2008
      With the SignalLink USB, the comm port selection in wjst doesn't matter, as the SignalLink is doing the keying, not the computer.  If the SignalLink is working with your other digital applications, it should work with wsjt without modification.  However, in the wsjt config, you DO have to tell wsjt what sound device to look for.  Make sure that the when you set up the 'audio in' and 'audio out' options, they match what the DOS window that launches when you start wsjt says is the right device for the SignalLink.

      Good Luck and welcome to wjst!

      73,

      Doug
      K7IP
    • WY5R
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 16, 2008

        Unfortunately, QuickMix does not work very well with Windows Vista because Microsoft has chosen to change the way that mixers are handled.

        K. D. – WY5R

        Forgot to tell u about a neat trick for storing all you sound card
        windows mixer settings. freeware program called QuickMix.

        Curt

      • Curt Nixon
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 16, 2008
          Its a vox operated keying system, yes I recall that. And geez, another
          Vista extra.

          Curt
          KU8L