Re: [wsjtgroup] Almost but not all the way

  • Curt Nixon
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 16, 2008
      Hi Jerry:

      Forgot to tell u about a neat trick for storing all you sound card
      windows mixer settings. freeware program called QuickMix.

      Curt
    • dougwe@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 16, 2008
        With the SignalLink USB, the comm port selection in wjst doesn't matter, as the SignalLink is doing the keying, not the computer.  If the SignalLink is working with your other digital applications, it should work with wsjt without modification.  However, in the wsjt config, you DO have to tell wsjt what sound device to look for.  Make sure that the when you set up the 'audio in' and 'audio out' options, they match what the DOS window that launches when you start wsjt says is the right device for the SignalLink.

        Good Luck and welcome to wjst!

        73,

        Doug
        K7IP
      • WY5R
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 16, 2008

          Unfortunately, QuickMix does not work very well with Windows Vista because Microsoft has chosen to change the way that mixers are handled.

          K. D. – WY5R

          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 16, 2008
            Its a vox operated keying system, yes I recall that. And geez, another
            Vista extra.

            Curt
            KU8L