Random Hour Report for 11-15-2008

  • David R. Hassall
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 18, 2008
      Message

      Random Hour Report for 11/15/2008

      I received 12 reports this week.  I am now answering the receipt

      of each report.  If you do not get a “thank you” email back,

      I didn’t get your report for some Reason.  So, please resend

      it.  I am trying to get the compiled report on the WSJT and

      the Digital On Six websites by late Tuesday night. So everyone

      Should find it online by Wednesday of each week.

      Codes:

      WRK - Worked station

      CNR  - Called but not worked

      HRD  - Heard

      6M

      N1MNU WRK: WB3BEL, KA3BPN HRD: N8RA, WA3QPX

      K2DRH WRK: N8RA, W5WVO, KS7S/P, NZ3M, WA3QPX

      WA5DJJ WRK: WA5UFH, HRD VE3CDX/W7, K2DRH

      WA5UFH WRK: WA5DJJ, KS7S/P CNR: K8MD, N4JH

                       HRD: K2DRH

      N8RA WRK: K2DRH, N4JH CNR: N1MNU HRD: WB9F,

                 WB3BEL, AF4O

      KA3BPN CNR: N1MNU HRD: WE1H, N8RA, K2DRH

      VE3CDX/W7 WRK: K7JIZ, KD7UO, KS7MS CNR: K2DRH

                      HRD: W5WVO,

      KS7S/P, KC6ZWT, WA5UFH, N7CW, N5JEH

      KI7JA WRK: KS7MS HRD: W5WVO, N7CW

      KC0HLN WRK: NZ3M HRD: N8RA, N4JH, K8MD, KS7S/P

      WB3BEL WRK: N1MNU, N4JH HRD N8RA, K2DRH,

                        N3LL/4, NZ3M,  KC0HLN

      KS7S/P WRK: K2DRH, KS7MS (DN20), WA5UFH, N7CW

                    HRD: W5WVO, VE3CDX/W7, KI7JA, K7JIZ

      2M

      WA5DJJ HRD: KS7MS

      N8RA CNR: NJ0U, AF4O

      KI7JA WRK: KS7MS

      Soapbox:

      Well, the high point this weekend was the two stations portable.  KS7MS was

      In DN20 and KS7S was in DN71.   Now both of these guys have very similar

      Calls and they were both named Jim.  But the reports above show that lots of

      Stations worked them.  Great Fun !  Thanks from all of US.  I see that K2DRH

      Has top honors in the Single Operator, Low Power category of the June VHF

      QSO Party.   N3LL/4 is also listed in the Single Operator Portable category

      Top 10.  There maybe others as I am not familiar with all the HSMS calls, yet.

      I am very glad to see the number of reports increasing .  I still am seeing

      Calls that others have worked but I don’t get a report from.   The value of

      This report improves as inputs are received from all participants.  Even if you

      Didn’t work anyone but heard some station , has value.  Especially, if the

      Station you heard is just starting out and is not sure if it is working.   So,

      If you can, drop me an email.  Don’t worry about a format.  It is the

      Information that I desire.  I will take care of putting it in the format for

      the report.  Just tell me what your working, what you tried to work, and

      what you heard.   Additional comments about station improvements and

      suggestions for the SOAPBOX  are also welcome.  KS7S/P said that he

      is headed back to Arizona next weekend and maybe able to operate from

      DN81 on the way home on Saturday.  The North American High Speed

      Meteor Scatter 2008 Geminids Contest is fast approaching  on 11 to

      15 December.  Info can be found  by goggling: NAHSMS 2008 Geminids

      Test.  Looks like some more great fun and a chance to work some new grids.

      73 Dave

      David R. Hassall WA5DJJ
      Email: dhassall@...