Net to a calling station

  • David Munn
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 12, 2008
      Hi all....i have been on WSJT JT65A for over a year mainly on 20m
      i have had a lot of very good contacts....
      One problem i notice is that many stations do not know how to Net to a
      calling station..last night i was calling CQ on 14076 -300 and a
      station tries to answer me at -930 ...the only reason i saw him was i
      went looking....however i wasnt about to answer as he was outside my
      bandwidth range and i would have had to adjust the rig to get a good
      sig out....this morning i was on -200 and a US station calls me on +100
      i saw him because the band was quiet and my Freeze was not on...i
      netted to him...i shouldnt have had to....
      if the band is busy i would work with the Freeze on and a Tol of 100
      so that a strong sig close by doesnt stop me hearing a weak reply to
      my CQ...answer outside my QRG and i will miss you...

      if stations dont know how to Net they should read the very good
      instructions provided by Joe K1JT or the Bozo Guide by Andy K3UK

      Hams dont read Docs do they....i made sure i did and have them on hand
      in case i miss something hi hi

      hope to work you as the sunspots get better...
      USA around 2030z EU around 0830z

      73 David VK4BDJ