Re: Computer clock set.

  • k4ymq
    Message 1 of 19 , Nov 1, 2008
      the D4 version I have is 5.0.35.0 which appears to be the latest
      version. I have reloaded it several time. I have about decided it is
      something with this PC a Dell Dimension 310 with an Inter Pentium
      4HT processor. I have ran ionto a couple other programs that just
      dont rune on the machine but run on my wifes computer fine. Oh well
      I just work around it and reload it when ever D4 bombs out
      Ira
      K4YMQ

      --- In wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com, "WBR/WF4R" <wbr@...> wrote:

      > I had a problem with D4 until I realized that there is a later
      version for XP. Download D4 ver 5 and you should be good.

      > 73, Bill, wf4r

      While I have not observed this problem, I have heard of others who
      have. I also read that there was a newer version of Dimension4 that
      was made to work better with XP. However I had no problem with the
      old version so I never updated. But a month or so ago, I needed to
      install a time program at a friends house for the EME contest. I
      downloaded the latest version of D4, disabled windows time service,
      and it came up and worked perfectly (under XP). I have seen no
      indication that SNTP time servers do not work either.

      > Perhaps you should check to see that your version of D4 is the
      latest. Also make sure you have service pack 2 (or 3) for XP. (I am
      not running SP3 because it caused a problem for me though...)

      Message 2 of 19 , Nov 1, 2008
        I figured out the TX problem.  I had the wrong setting in the WSPR TX Freq window.  I think TX is working now.  I'm still getting completely different decodes between the two programs.

        Should I be running WSPR with AGC on or off?

        73,
        Clay  W7CE

        Message 3 of 19 , Nov 1, 2008
          AGC Off...........