Re: [wsjtgroup] WSPR on 80 m

  • Andrew O'Brien
    Message 1 of 19 , Nov 1, 2008
      2334 -22 0.93595.601576      F6IRF   0  JN35 33 0

      First minute a logged France... cool

      On Sat, Nov 1, 2008 at 7:35 PM, Andrew O'Brien <andrewobrie@...> wrote:
      I just put up a new antenna with 80M in mind, this should eb a good test.

      Andy K3UK

      On Sat, Nov 1, 2008 at 6:18 PM, Peter Frenning [OZ1PIF] <peter@...> wrote:

      Joe Taylor skrev:

      > More than 20 WSPR stations are active on 80 meters right now. The spots
      > posted at http://wsprnet.org/meptspots.php show some excellent worldwide
      > DX on this band over the past couple of days.
      >
      > If you are a "whisperer", and have 80 m capability, come join us for
      > some fun! Dial frequency is 3.5926 MHz, USB as usual. Actual Tx
      > frequencies are 3.5940 to 3.5942 MHz.
      >
      > -- 73, Joe, K1JT

      Joining in, 5W to W3DZZ (inv. V at 45'), Tx=3.594155
      I'll leave the station running overnight at least, possibly all day
      sunday as well.
      CU

      --
      Vy 73 de OZ1PIF/5Q2M, Peter

      ** CW: Who? Me? You must be joking!! **
      email: peter(no-spam-filler)@frenning.dk
      http://www.frenning.dk/oz1pif.htm
      Ph. +45 4619 3239
      Snailmail:
      Peter Frenning
      Ternevej 23
      DK-4130 Viby Sj.
      Denmark
      ***********************************

      --
      Andy K3UK

      --
      Andy K3UK

    • W7CE
      Message 2 of 19 , Nov 1, 2008
        I haven't played with WSPR much so I thought now would be a good time to try.  I loaded both WSPR and WSJT7 but seem to be getting quite different decode results from the two programs.

        WSPR:
        0000  -3  1.3   3.594054  0 NN6RF CM87 37
        0000 -17  0.9   3.594079  0 W8LIW EN81 37
        0000 -27  1.2   3.594114  0 NN6RF CM87 37

        WSJT7:
        000000   2  -8  2.0   -53  0  000AAA (BadMsg)
        000000   2 -26  2.0     4  1

        On the transmit side, WSPR doesn't seem to be working but WSJT7 does.  WSPR keys the rig on and off with no power out registering on the power meter.  I'm using a SignaLink USB with VOX, so there must be an audio spike occasionally, otherwise the VOX wouldn't work.

        I use WSJT regularly for EME, so I'm pretty sure all he hardware and sound card settings are correct, especially since WSJT6 and WSJT7 both work fine.

        Any ideas?

        73,
        Clay  W7CE

        Message 3 of 19 , Nov 1, 2008
          the D4 version I have is 5.0.35.0 which appears to be the latest
          version. I have reloaded it several time. I have about decided it is
          something with this PC a Dell Dimension 310 with an Inter Pentium
          4HT processor. I have ran ionto a couple other programs that just
          dont rune on the machine but run on my wifes computer fine. Oh well
          I just work around it and reload it when ever D4 bombs out
          Ira
          K4YMQ

          --- In wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com, "WBR/WF4R" <wbr@...> wrote:

          > I had a problem with D4 until I realized that there is a later
          version for XP. Download D4 ver 5 and you should be good.

          > 73, Bill, wf4r

          While I have not observed this problem, I have heard of others who
          have. I also read that there was a newer version of Dimension4 that
          was made to work better with XP. However I had no problem with the
          old version so I never updated. But a month or so ago, I needed to
          install a time program at a friends house for the EME contest. I
          downloaded the latest version of D4, disabled windows time service,
          and it came up and worked perfectly (under XP). I have seen no
          indication that SNTP time servers do not work either.

          > Perhaps you should check to see that your version of D4 is the
          latest. Also make sure you have service pack 2 (or 3) for XP. (I am
          not running SP3 because it caused a problem for me though...)

          Message 4 of 19 , Nov 1, 2008
            I figured out the TX problem.  I had the wrong setting in the WSPR TX Freq window.  I think TX is working now.  I'm still getting completely different decodes between the two programs.

            Should I be running WSPR with AGC on or off?

            73,
            Clay  W7CE

            Message 5 of 19 , Nov 1, 2008
              AGC Off...........