WSPR on 80 m

    Message 1 of 19 , Nov 1 3:03 PM
      More than 20 WSPR stations are active on 80 meters right now. The spots
      posted at http://wsprnet.org/meptspots.php show some excellent worldwide
      DX on this band over the past couple of days.

      If you are a "whisperer", and have 80 m capability, come join us for
      some fun! Dial frequency is 3.5926 MHz, USB as usual. Actual Tx
      frequencies are 3.5940 to 3.5942 MHz.

      -- 73, Joe, K1JT
    • Peter Frenning [OZ1PIF]
      Message 2 of 19 , Nov 1 3:18 PM
        Joe Taylor skrev:
        > More than 20 WSPR stations are active on 80 meters right now. The spots
        > posted at http://wsprnet.org/meptspots.php show some excellent worldwide
        > DX on this band over the past couple of days.
        >
        > If you are a "whisperer", and have 80 m capability, come join us for
        > some fun! Dial frequency is 3.5926 MHz, USB as usual. Actual Tx
        > frequencies are 3.5940 to 3.5942 MHz.
        >
        > -- 73, Joe, K1JT

        Joining in, 5W to W3DZZ (inv. V at 45'), Tx=3.594155
        I'll leave the station running overnight at least, possibly all day
        sunday as well.
        CU

        --
        Vy 73 de OZ1PIF/5Q2M, Peter

        ** CW: Who? Me? You must be joking!! **
        email: peter(no-spam-filler)@...
        http://www.frenning.dk/oz1pif.htm
        Ph. +45 4619 3239
        Snailmail:
        Peter Frenning
        Ternevej 23
        DK-4130 Viby Sj.
        Denmark
        ***********************************
      • Andrew O'Brien
        Message 3 of 19 , Nov 1 4:35 PM
          I just put up a new antenna with 80M in mind, this should eb a good test.

          Andy K3UK

          email: peter(no-spam-filler)@frenning.dk

          Message 4 of 19 , Nov 1 4:38 PM
            2334 -22 0.93595.601576      F6IRF   0  JN35 33 0

            First minute a logged France... cool

            Joe Taylor skrev:

            > More than 20 WSPR stations are active on 80 meters right now. The spots
            > posted at http://wsprnet.org/meptspots.php show some excellent worldwide
            > DX on this band over the past couple of days.
            >
            > If you are a "whisperer", and have 80 m capability, come join us for
            > some fun! Dial frequency is 3.5926 MHz, USB as usual. Actual Tx
            > frequencies are 3.5940 to 3.5942 MHz.
            >
            > -- 73, Joe, K1JT

            Joining in, 5W to W3DZZ (inv. V at 45'), Tx=3.594155
            I'll leave the station running overnight at least, possibly all day
            sunday as well.
            CU

            --
            Vy 73 de OZ1PIF/5Q2M, Peter

            ** CW: Who? Me? You must be joking!! **
            email: peter(no-spam-filler)@frenning.dk
            http://www.frenning.dk/oz1pif.htm
            Ph. +45 4619 3239
            Snailmail:
            Peter Frenning
            Ternevej 23
            DK-4130 Viby Sj.
            Denmark
            ***********************************

            --
            Andy K3UK

            --
            Andy K3UK

          • W7CE
            Message 5 of 19 , Nov 1 5:08 PM
              I haven't played with WSPR much so I thought now would be a good time to try.  I loaded both WSPR and WSJT7 but seem to be getting quite different decode results from the two programs.

              WSPR:
              0000  -3  1.3   3.594054  0 NN6RF CM87 37
              0000 -17  0.9   3.594079  0 W8LIW EN81 37
              0000 -27  1.2   3.594114  0 NN6RF CM87 37

              WSJT7:
              000000   2  -8  2.0   -53  0  000AAA (BadMsg)
              000000   2 -26  2.0     4  1

              On the transmit side, WSPR doesn't seem to be working but WSJT7 does.  WSPR keys the rig on and off with no power out registering on the power meter.  I'm using a SignaLink USB with VOX, so there must be an audio spike occasionally, otherwise the VOX wouldn't work.

              I use WSJT regularly for EME, so I'm pretty sure all he hardware and sound card settings are correct, especially since WSJT6 and WSJT7 both work fine.

              Any ideas?

              73,
              Clay  W7CE

              Message 6 of 19 , Nov 1 5:32 PM
                the D4 version I have is 5.0.35.0 which appears to be the latest
                version. I have reloaded it several time. I have about decided it is
                something with this PC a Dell Dimension 310 with an Inter Pentium
                4HT processor. I have ran ionto a couple other programs that just
                dont rune on the machine but run on my wifes computer fine. Oh well
                I just work around it and reload it when ever D4 bombs out
                Ira
                K4YMQ

                --- In wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com, "WBR/WF4R" <wbr@...> wrote:

                > I had a problem with D4 until I realized that there is a later
                version for XP. Download D4 ver 5 and you should be good.

                > 73, Bill, wf4r

                While I have not observed this problem, I have heard of others who
                have. I also read that there was a newer version of Dimension4 that
                was made to work better with XP. However I had no problem with the
                old version so I never updated. But a month or so ago, I needed to
                install a time program at a friends house for the EME contest. I
                downloaded the latest version of D4, disabled windows time service,
                and it came up and worked perfectly (under XP). I have seen no
                indication that SNTP time servers do not work either.

                > Perhaps you should check to see that your version of D4 is the
                latest. Also make sure you have service pack 2 (or 3) for XP. (I am
                not running SP3 because it caused a problem for me though...)

                Message 7 of 19 , Nov 1 5:35 PM
                  I figured out the TX problem.  I had the wrong setting in the WSPR TX Freq window.  I think TX is working now.  I'm still getting completely different decodes between the two programs.

                  Should I be running WSPR with AGC on or off?

                  73,
                  Clay  W7CE

                  Message 8 of 19 , Nov 1 7:42 PM
                    AGC Off...........