Re: [wsjtgroup] WSPR Ver1.01 whats new??

  • David Ackrill
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2008
      larry_putman wrote:
      > I just happened to see that 1.01 has been released but I must have
      > missed the announcement! Whats new in this release??
      >
      > 73
      >
      > Larry WB3ANQ

      Is that after WSJT7.02 r1018?

      If so, I'll see if I can get a copy.

      Cheers - Dave (G0DJA)
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 1, 2008
        Hi Larry,

        WB3ANQ wrote:
        > I just happened to see that 1.01 has been released but I must have
        > missed the announcement! Whats new in this release??

        As always, you should look in the relevant "Changelog" on the WSJT Home
        Page. For WSPR the direct link is

        http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/WSPR_Changelog.TXT

        In WSPR release 1.01 the only significant change is to allow the use of
        COM port numbers 10 or higher.

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 1, 2008
          Hi Bruce,

          I'd like to publish an article about the WSPR protocol, as well as the
          WSPR program, somewhere in the open ham radio literature. I think it
          would be much more interesting if the article also described what you've
          produced at WSPRnet.org, how it all plays together, and what can be
          learned about propagation paths by studying the results.

          So here's my question: would you have any interest in co-authoring such
          an article for QST? My guess is that they'd be delighted to publish it.
          Let me know what you think!

          -- Joe, K1JT
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 1, 2008
            Very sorry, my message of a few minutes ago was send to the wsjtgroup
            reflector by mistake. Please disregard.