MEPT/WSPR A proposal..

  • Andrew O'Brien
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 11, 2008
      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: Colin J Thomson <colin@...>
      Date: Sat, Oct 11, 2008 at 6:30 AM
      Subject: [Knightsqrss] A proposal..
      To: Knights-List <knightsqrss@...>

      Hi "Graphical" Knights..

      A proposal.. although a little too late now I think.

      With the ever increasing QRO IE 500mW and up WSPR signals (most seem to be
      5W!! or more in the EU) on 30m, what I would like to see is the section from
      10140.100-200 to be ***QRP something like a max of 200mW or maybe less***
      above 10.140,200 they can run what they like.

      The reason being it just wrecks grabbing the few graphical stations who are
      still QRV between 10.140.0-100.
      Even with my very very narrow CW Xtal filters and DSP599++ filter it is, most
      of the time hopeless and weekends it is a waste of time grabbing during the
      day.. Just have to look at the grabbers on the compendium sites... maybe
      that's why a lot are QRT ??

      I am also saddened to see even more EU WSPR signals (In OUR section) between
      10.140.000-100, this morning being a classic case with one being on ~10140.000
      another on 085 and one on ~110 who has peaked S6!!

      Maybe someone could be FWD'd to the relevant WSPR sites/groups..

      73 G6AVK - JO01ho

      Hi Colin,

      I feel your pain too!
      Some of the WSPR stations are running 50 or even 100 watts and seem
      oblivious to the purpose of QPR WSPR! Also a few have terrible
      stability! I have notified a few ops over here and they did change
      frequency at least. I think that some rigs won't allow power out below
      about 5 watts which is way too much power!

      73 Larry WB3ANQ