"Random Hour" For local start times see info below:, 10/11/2008, 7:00 am

  • wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 10, 2008
      Reminder from: wsjtgroup Yahoo! Group

      Title: "Random Hour" For local start times see info below:

      Date: Saturday October 11, 2008
      Time: 7:00 am - 11:00 am
      Repeats: This event repeats every week.
      Location: http://www.ykc.com/wa5ufh/
      Notes: Eastern / Central Time Zones
      2m hour from 0800-0900 Eastern / 0700-0800 Central
      6m hour from 0900-1000 Eastern / 0800-0900 Central

      Mountain / Pacific Time Zones
      2m hour from 0800-0900 Mountain / 0700-0800 Pacific
      6m hour from 0900-1000 Mountain / 0800-0900 Pacific

      Reports for summary to:David R. Hassall WA5DJJ
      Email: dhassall@...

    • David Ackrill
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 11, 2008
        Hi, I've been running some tests with another station on 23cm because he
        wasn't making contacts and I discovered that he is transmitting a single
        tone no matter what mode he selects in WSJT.

        Listening to his signal, and lookig at it using Spectrum Labs, it has a
        large peak with two smaller peaks of signal on either side of the main
        one. No break in the tone and no 'jingle bells' noises in modes like JT65.

        He's using XP Pro with a Realtek Hi definition sound card, and has also
        tried using Vista, changing drivers etc., but without sucess.

        It doesn't seem to be RF feedback, as I suggested he listen to the audio
        out of the sound card without it connected to the radio to see for
        himself what the audio sounded like.

        He says that it was working OK, but doesn't remember changing anything
        between 'working' and 'not working'...

        I've run out of suggestions, so can anyone else suggest what might be
        going wrong, please?

        I can supply audio files of what I received here, if it helps.

        Thanks - Dave (G0DJA)
      • Al
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 11, 2008
          Hello David:
          Has he tried deleting WSJT (from control panel) and downloading it and
          installing it again?
          Al
          WA4EWV

          > Hi, I've been running some tests with another station on 23cm because he
          > wasn't making contacts and I discovered that he is transmitting a single
          > tone no matter what mode he selects in WSJT.
          >
          > Listening to his signal, and lookig at it using Spectrum Labs, it has a
          > large peak with two smaller peaks of signal on either side of the main
          > one. No break in the tone and no 'jingle bells' noises in modes like
          > JT65.
          >
          > He's using XP Pro with a Realtek Hi definition sound card, and has also
          > tried using Vista, changing drivers etc., but without sucess.
          >
          > It doesn't seem to be RF feedback, as I suggested he listen to the audio
          > out of the sound card without it connected to the radio to see for
          > himself what the audio sounded like.
          >
          > He says that it was working OK, but doesn't remember changing anything
          > between 'working' and 'not working'...
          >
          > I've run out of suggestions, so can anyone else suggest what might be
          > going wrong, please?
          >
          > I can supply audio files of what I received here, if it helps.
          >
          > Thanks - Dave (G0DJA)

          > Logging Indicator/Activity
          > :http://baseportal.com/cgi-bin/baseportal.pl?htx=/randy_tipton/Test%20(Activity%20Database)/Meteor_Scatter_Reports
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • David Ackrill
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 11, 2008
            Al wrote:
            > Hello David:
            > Has he tried deleting WSJT (from control panel) and downloading it and
            > installing it again?

            Hi Al,

            I know he's tried deleting and reinstalling, but not necessarily a new copy.

            However, it was working once upon a time, so I guess that's why he did
            not use a new copy.

            I'll suggest that he tries that idea anyway. Thanks.

            Dave (G0DJA)