EME Echo test mode

  • wc9c_al
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 5, 2008
      Hello

      Does anyone know when or IF the EME echo test mode is going to added?

      TNX...

      de AL (WC9C)
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 5, 2008
        Hi Al,

        WC9C wrote:

        > Does anyone know when or IF the EME echo test mode is going to added?

        It will be added if and when anyone sits down and does the
        necessary work.

        I wrote a very good EME Echo Mode algorithm and put in into
        WSJT v2.3.4 a number of years ago. It was further developed
        in WSJT v4 and is still available on the Download page at
        http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/ .
        Everyone who wants to use Echo Mode keeps WSJT 4.9.8 on
        their computer, as well as the current version. It's a
        simple solution.

        I have many demands on my time and diverse interests both
        within and outside ham radio. Right now I'm working on
        several ideas much more interesting to me than putting Echo
        Mode into WSJT7.

        WSJT is an Open Source program. The code is available for
        anyone to modify, enhance, or whatever. If you or someone
        you know would be interested in contributing to further
        development of the program, please let me know.