Re: [wsjtgroup] WSJT Mystery Menu Items?

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 3, 2008
      Hi again, Dave,

      "Enable Diagnostics" may sometimes be useful to me (or
      another member of the development team); it's function may
      change without notice (!), and it's not generally useful to
      WSJT users.

      If "Quick Decode" is checked, the JT65 decoder relaxes
      several Koetter-Vardy parameters and starts decoding at
      about t=48 s rather than t=52 s in a receive minute. I
      advise turning this option ON for HF QSOs using JT65A, but
      OFF for EME.

      -- 73, Joe, K1JT

      Dave Miller wrote:
      > Does anyone know what the following menu items do in WSJT6?
      >
      > Settings: Enable Diagnostics
      >
      > and/or...
      >
      > Decode: JT65: Quick Decode
      >
      > I can not find a reference to either of them in the manual.
      >
      > de N9SS, Dave
    • Bill W5WVO
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 3, 2008
        OK, my turn. :-)

        I'm not clear on the best way to decode marginal JT6M. When should Freeze be checked? Unchecked? How does Freeze relate to Tolerance? To the receiver RIT setting? JT6M is given kind of short shrift in the manual, and I'd like a more detailed walk-through of "best practices", both for 6-meter MS (weak but longer burns) and weak Es, tropo, or D-ionoscatter.

        Bill W5WVO