Re: [wsjtgroup] Fwd: JT65 Question

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 3, 2008
      Jeff, André, and all,

      I have been away on vacation.

      Jeff's description of what to do with the rate-correction
      factors in WSJT is essentially correct.

      After installing WSJT for the first time on a computer, or
      after changing to a new sound device, you should:

      1. Start WSJT with the computer lightly loaded.
      2. Let it run until the numbers in the box at lower left
      reach stable values.
      3. Hit F2 to open the Setup -> Options page. Enter the
      first number as "Rate In" and the second number as
      "Rate Out".

      Thereafter (unless you change your sound card) you should
      ignore the readings in the box at lower left. If they
      sometimes wander around it does not mean that your A/D or
      D/A sample rates are unstable; almost certainly, it means
      that your O/S is over-busy doing some chores unrelated to
      WSJT.

      This is the reason, BTW, that the sample-rate correction is
      not done automatically. The correction factors should be
      entered once and for all. You DO NOT want their values to
      be changing whenever Windows (etc.) decides to do its
      housekeeping chores.

      -- 73, Joe, K1JT