Mistakes..

  • Jerry Siegmund
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 30, 2008
      Are we as 'Amateurs' supposed to compile All of the 'Idiotic Mistakes'
      we make, and write them down for future reference, or just forget
      about them and Learn from the experience! LOL (or not admit to anyone
      what we did?)
      For the Last Week I have been listening to Moon Rise and Set on JT65B
      and not hearing any signals at all.. only to discover that the
      Antennas have been hooked up to the 300W Amp I use on SSB (50A PS
      won't handle WSJT)since Last Sunday!..
      and the Rig was into the 150W Amp I use for MS and EME!
      So what could have been the 'First EME Contact at 25W into an SO-239
      was 'Not a Success'! And I don't plan on attempting this feat in the
      Near Future! Lets See what I can do Next!
      My Worse One so Far.. climb up to check antenna, while still on Tx1 !
      Ouch.. :o)
      VE6CPP
      DN39or